Just driving around the Branson area during Fall gives you great views of colorful foliage set against the Ozark Mountains. However, we recommend getting out and visiting a park or taking a walking tour to really get the full experience.
The cool mornings and mild fall days are great times to enjoy scenic walking, jogging and hiking around!
North Beach Park
It’s hard to beat North Beach Park on the northern end of the Branson Landing for serene natural beauty. It’s easily accessed from the parking lot, and there’s several majestic oak trees towering over the park, providing shade and colorful leaves. Several of these trees are more than two centuries old!
Plus you’ll have direct access to Lake Taneycomo, picnic tables, park benches and more. The park is one of our favorite spots in fall!
One of our favorite things to do is the Downtown Branson Fall Foliage Walking Tour, available on ExploreBranson.com
Fall Foliage Walking Tour Directions
- Estimated distance: 1.5 miles
- Time: 50 minutes walking, 25 minutes jogging
- Park in the north Branson Landing parking lot (same side as Belk Department Store). Walk toward Lake Taneycomo to find the concrete boardwalk path. Turn right toward the Branson Landing.
- Continue on the boardwalk about ¼ mile along the lake until you come to the fountains at the Landing’s Town Square (this is a great spot to rest and watch the hourly fountain show). Turn right (west) and climb the steps into Town Square (or use wheelchair ramps). When you reach the shopping level, continue straight (west) through the Landing to the intersection of Main Street and Branson Landing Boulevard.
- At the crosswalk, cross Branson Landing Boulevard, pass the Branson Scenic Railway Train Depot, cross the tracks and continue west along Main Street. Cross Sycamore Street, and begin climbing the hill into Historic Downtown Branson. Note the foliage on both sides of Main Street. Cross Commercial Street, and continue west on Main Street. At the intersection of Main Street and Veterans Boulevard/Business 65, turn right (north) without crossing Veterans Boulevard, and continue north for one block.
- Turn right (east) onto Atlantic Street. Continue one block. Turn left (north) onto Commercial Street. Continue for two blocks, passing the Historic Branson City Cemetery and crossing the train tracks again. At the intersection of Commercial Street and Branson Landing Boulevard, cross the street at the marked crosswalk. Continue through the parking lot, noting the colorful trees throughout the area as you return to your vehicle.
Lake Taneycomo Walking Path
A shorter sub-section of the above tour is to just walk the 1-mile Branson Landing Boardwalk that stretches from one end of the Landing to the other (continuing south to the Lakeside RV Park and beyond if you feel adventurous).
It leads you along the lake, but not directly through the Landing, so you don’t have to worry about shoppers or other congestion. This path is paved, flat and perfect for strollers, bikes and even dog walking!
Downtown has so much to offer year-round, but we have to admit that the fall foliage is probably one our favorite things each year. Be sure to snap lots of pictures and tag us @RideSparky!