It’s time for back to school, and fortunately it’s also time for the Missouri State Tax-Free Weekend! Shopping in Branson and Downtown Branson is a great way to get everything your kiddos need for that first day of school! And the weekend of Aug. 5-7, 2022, you can skip having to pay the state portion of the sales tax on certain purchases.
The 2022 Sales Tax Holiday begins at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, August 5, and runs through Sunday, August 7.
Before we go any further, we need to jump into the fine print. The Missouri Back To School Tax Free Weekend only applies to “certain back-to-school purchases, such as clothing, school supplies, computers” and other related school necessities. Around Branson you’ll still pay local taxes, but the Missouri portion of the sales tax that you’d normally pay (about 4.2%) is waived.
- Clothing – any article having a taxable value of $100 or less.
- School supplies – not to exceed $50 per purchase.
- Computer software – taxable value of $350 or less.
- Personal computers – not to exceed $1,500.
- Computer peripheral devices – not to exceed $1,500
- Graphic calculators – not to exceed $150.
Even at just 4.2%, it’s real money that can add up. Stores in and around Downtown Branson have everything you are looking for and are happily participating in this one-weekend event.
The free Sparky trolley is here waiting to take you and your shopping bags anywhere you need to go in Downtown.